- TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF EB FRUITVILLE ROAD BEGINS WEDNESDAY, JULY 8
- Road Alert: What to Expect the Week of 6/29
- CAUTION! NEW CONFIGURATION OF EB RIGHT TURN ONTO FRUITVILLE RD
- See videos on how to navigate new U.S. 41 roundabouts
- Check out our NEW Pedestrian Access Map
- Primary Detour Route
- Local Business Access Map
US 41 and Fruitville Road Roundabout Construction
The primary goal of the US 41-Fruitville Road Roundabout project is to improve connectivity, access, and safety for pedestrian, bicycle and vehicular traffic flow and operations between downtown Sarasota and the Bayfront area. The project limits extend from First Street to Boulevard of the Arts on US 41 and on Fruitville Road from US 41 to Cocoanut Avenue. Construction began in October 2019 and the estimated completion is fall 2020. The contractor is Wright Construction Group, Inc. and the construction cost is $7.47 million.
A safer way for motorists, cyclists, and pedestrians to travel
A new roundabout, multi-use recreational trails, LED streetlights, landscaping and more will help improve safety and enhance the beauty of this exciting, crucial part of downtown Sarasota.