The US 41-Fruitville Road Roundabout Construction Project began on October 14, 2019 and will progress in phases to maintain as much access and traffic flow as possible. The projected completion of the project is fall of 2020.
Phase I of construction is anticipated to take place from October 2019 to early March 2020.
During this phase, traffic is shifted to the east side of US 41.
- Water main installation on 2nd Street, west of US 41
- Utility relocation in various locations throughout the project limits
- Traffic signal fiber optic cable placement
- Stormwater drainage trunk line installation west of US 41
- Clearing and grubbing west of US 41 to accommodate upcoming diversion roads
- Advanced warning signage about traffic shifts, turning restrictions
- Installation of erosion control devices
- Restoration of 2nd Street
- Traffic Signal Fiber Optic Cable splicing
- Installation of temporary drainage to accommodate diversion road
- Construction of diversion road West of US 41
- Water main installation West of US 41 to 4th Street
- Storm sewer installation from 4th Street to Boulevard of the Arts
- Water Main crossing at 2nd Street and US 41 (night time operations)
Motorists can visit our Road Alerts page for the latest information about possible road closures.
Two lanes of traffic will be maintained in each direction on US 41 during this phase of construction, and pre-existing conditions will remain the same for eastbound and westbound traffic on Fruitville Road within the project limits