FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION ABOUT ROAD ALERTS INCLUDING TRAFFIC CHANGES, CHECK OUT OUR LATEST UPDATES HERE.
HOW TO NAVIGATE AROUND CONSTRUCTION
LOCAL BUSINESS ACCESS (BUSINESS BORDERED BY US 41 TO CENTRAL AVENUE / FRUITVILLE ROAD TO GULFSTREAM AVENUE)
The travel lanes on US 41 from Boulevard of the Arts to First Street have been shifted to the west side of the existing travel lanes. While this traffic shift is in place there will be four lanes along US 41, with two lanes of traffic in each direction. Impacts to lane usage affecting motorists will be as follows:
- Westbound Fruitville Road is closed to all traffic from Cocoanut Avenue to US 41 (in effect through summer 2020). Motorists desiring to travel westbound on Fruitville Road to reach US 41 will need to make a right turn onto Lemon Avenue, follow Lemon Avenue to 10th Street, make a left turn at 10th Street, and follow 10th Street to US 41. Detour signage is in place.
- No left turns from southbound US 41 to eastbound Fruitville Road (in effect through fall 2020).
- Southbound motorists, if desiring to go east from US 41, will need to turn left at 10th Street, follow 10th Street to Lemon Avenue, turn right at Lemon Avenue and then follow Lemon Avenue to Fruitville Road. Detour signage is in place.
- Eastbound traffic on Fruitville Road from US 41 to Cocoanut Avenue may be temporarily closed beginning as early as the week of Monday, July 27, and will remain in effect until the new traffic pattern is established.
- There will be no access from US 41 to Fourth Street or the alleys located between First Street to Fifth Street.
CURRENT ROAD WATCH INFORMATION